Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Simply Out of Sorts

Life has been in fast forward since Friday night. My son, 3, jumped off of the bed and broke his foot. Saturday I went to a 12+ hour Bachelorette Party. Sunday morning I discovered that I am way too old to drink the way I did Saturday night. I have been struggling to recover ever since. I also pulled some muscle in my hamstring region and it has made going from sitting to standing and vice versa painful. I can’t get in to see an orthopedic for weeks yet. The muscle relaxers have knocked me out but failed to alleviate any of my symptoms.

As a result of all of this, I have not been a very good housewife at all. My HOH has been cutting me a great deal of slack while I don’t feel good but he is getting impatient. I know I am facing a big punishment soon. He mentioned buying a loopy Johnny and coming home with ginger root earlier today. It will not be pleasant for me, I am sure. I do have it coming, though. I know I haven’t been feeling good but it isn’t fair that he has to take on all of the extra burdens. I know that my attitude towards him hasn’t been very respectful either. His leniency hasn’t helped me to focus on him. I know I need the punishment. I want to get better, I do. I want to have the house clean when he comes home. I am just so tired and feel so bad. What is the right answer? I know he is wondering as well. Should he punish me regardless? Should I ask for one? Do we wait it out? I am uncertain as to whether I am taking advantage of feeling so bad in order to skirt my responsibilities. I don’t know. I am looking around and it is depressing to know how much work needs to be done around the house before Friday morning…. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see an unpdate!! So sorry about your week though. Maybe you should be punished every time you drink. It sounds like it really wreaks havoc in your schedule and then everything else falls apart. And everyone and everything else in your life suffers. I had to quit drinking by myself for this same reason. But I was single for 7 years and I had to keep things going on my own. Especially as a professional. I attend AA now. It really goes right along with being accountable and submissive. For me, Discipline is the difference in life or death. You have the help you need right there at hand. (haha). It's not just your marriage that's at stake. There are other options like a preemptive spanking before going out to drink
    (Especially as much as you have had to suffer this week from it.) Don't you think a spanking is a lot better than being ill and losing days of your life from it? Hope this helps. Lisa

    ReplyDelete